Do you find yourself constantly losing your garage door remote? Maybe it’s time for you to find one that you can’t lose! The team at Boulder Overhead Doors would love to help you out!
Garage Door Remote Options AvailableWhen the garage door remote was first introduced sometime after WWII, it consisted of a simple transmitter that was placed on a pole outside of the garage door. Garage door remote technology has come a long way in the last part of the century. You have many options to choose from such as:
- Keychain remotes: This is a small remote that resembles the key fob for your car and you will always have it as long as you have your keys
- MyQ Connectivity: This monthly subscription app for your smartphones enables you to operate your door with your smartphone.
- Homelink: This feature, enabled on Guardian openers, enables you to connect your garage door to your Homelink ready vehicle
- Keypad: This is a numerical keypad placed on the outside of your garage door. We recommend everyone have one installed just in case you lose your remote or it stops working. It is also a good option if you need to let in your kids after school or a neighbor to feed the dog
- Built-in Wi-Fi: This feature, available on most newer openers, allows you to control your garage door from anywhere you have internet access.