Garage Door Openers
Are you in the market for a new garage door opener? Boulder Overhead Doors partners with two quality names in the garage door industry. We are proud to be authorized dealers for both Liftmaster and Guardian.
Options Available for a Garage Door OpenerThere are several options to choose from when you are looking for a new opener. The one you pick will depend on your individual needs. These are the four types of openers that we offer to our customers:
- Chain Drive Opener: These openers work with a chain, similar to a bike chain, that rotates on the rail to move the trolley. As the trolley moves, it operates the opening/closing mechanisms of your door. These are the most common choice for homeowners.
- Belt Drive Opener: These work the same way as a chain drive, but instead of a chain, it uses a belt. The belt provides for quiet operation as the trolley isn’t sliding along metal. The belts aren’t as durable as chains and they also have a higher price tag.
- Screw Drive Opener: These have a large rod that runs down the rail and as it rotates, it moves the trolley to operate your door. These are much more durable and require less maintenance than chain drive openers. These also have a noise level and a price tag somewhere between a chain drive and a belt drive.
- Wall Mount Opener: These openers take away the need for hardware to be hanging from your ceiling and instead, the opener is placed on the wall directly beside your door. These have the highest price tag but provide the greatest amount of features. This opener is also the quietest opener available on the market.
Garage Door Opener FeaturesIf you are excited about features, we have tons of options for you. Garage door openers come equipped with different features to fit your needs. If you aren’t a feature person, Guardian does offer a basic opener that simply operates your door. Some of the features available:
- Built-in Wi-Fi: This feature allows you to operate your door from anywhere you have an internet connection.
- MyQ Connectivity: This monthly subscription app allows you to control your garage door from your smartphone. You can open and close your door as well as get alerts whenever it is operated.
- Homelink: This feature is currently only enabled on certain Guardian openers. It allows you to connect your garage door to your vehicle.
- Timer-to-Close: This will automatically close your door after a preset period of time. This is a great feature if you constantly find that your garage door got left open.
- Safety features: Of course, all of the openers we offer come with the mandated safety features such as automatic reversal and emergency release handles.