Do you like to save money? A professional tune-up on your garage door opener is an easy way to prevent future repair bills. The team at Boulder Overhead Doors would love to help you out and make sure your opener is working efficiently.
Steps You Can Take to Maintain Your Garage Door OpenerA properly maintained garage door opener should last up to 30 years, depending on your usage. However, a neglected opener is expected to last only about 10 years. There are a few things you can do as a homeowner several times a year to make sure your opener is working at its full potential:
- Take a cloth and remove dirt/debris from your tracks to make sure your opener isn’t having to work harder
- Lubricate your rollers with an oil-based lubricant
- Lubricate your opener chain or rod, if your model requires it
- Inspect your opener for any loose or fraying wires
- Tighten all the bolts on your brackets
- Make sure you never force the opener to close when things are in the way of your door